Izumi Okutani is Policy Liaison in Japan Network Information Center (JPNIC), a National Internet Registry (NIR) which closely collaborates with APNIC.
She has over fifteen years of expertise in coordination with the Japanese and the Asia Pacific communities on the number resources management policies, including policies for IPv4 transfers, legacy space and IPv6 address distributions, with good understandings of issues surrounding the status of IPv6 deployment and CGNs, and deployment of other number resources based technologies such as RPKI.
She serves as a MAG member for the global IGF since 2014 from the Asia Pacific region as a member of the technical community.
In addition, she has served as a Coordinator of IGF Best Practice Forum “Creating an Enabling Environment for IPv6 Adoption” in 2015.
Since her appointment as a MAG member in 2014, she is actively engaged in outreaching key communities in Japan and the Asia Pacific region, including APrIGF and Internet Governance Conference Japan (IGCJ), for awareness raising of the global discussions at the IGF and the MAG, to encourage more participation from the region in the global arena.
Through participation in forums such as JPOPM, JANOG, APNIC, APRICOT, ARIN, NANOG,RIPE,ICANN, ISOC which vary geographically and in its participant groups, Izumi is familiar with the mechanisms of each of these communities, what they value, and current topics under active discussions, with comprehensive views on IP address policies, domain name policies, and operational discussions topics.
She works closely with communities both within Japan and globally with the following roles:
- The Chair of the Consolidated RIR IANA Stewardship Proposal Team(CRISP Team)
- An ASO appointed member of CCWG on Enhancing ICANN Accountability
- Serves as Co-Chair of ISOC Advisory Council from 2013-2015
- Has built relationships with NIRs in the APNIC region as NIRSIG (Special Interest Groups) Chair (2005 to 2013)
- A member of JANOG i18n team which supports theinternationalization of Japan Network Operators’ Group