Taiwan offers visa-exempt entry and landing visas which permit duration of each stay up to 30 days or 90 days for nationals from nearly 50 countries. Other foreign nationals may obtain tourist visas if they hold foreign passports or travel documents valid for more than six months.
1. The countries/economies listed below are for reference only. Please visit the official website for the latest information.
2. APrIGF Taipei Invitation Letter for visa application is available for download.
- Citizens of the following countries are eligible for the visa exemption program, which permits a duration of stay up to 90 days:
Andorra, Australia (Effective from January 1, 2015 to June 30, 2016) , Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile (diplomatic, official/service passports excluded), Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, U.K., U.S.A. and Vatican City State.
- Citizens of the following countries are eligible for the visa exemption program, which permits a duration of stay up to 30 days:
- Applicable to citizens of India, Indonesia, Vietnam, the Philippines and Thailand, who possess a valid resident/visitor visa (including an electronic one) or resident certificate (including a permanent one) issued by the U.S.A., Canada, Japan, the U.K., Schengen Agreement countries, Australia or New Zealand, are eligible for the visa exemption program, which permits a duration of stay up to 30 days.
- Applicable to Bruneian, Turkish, and Macedonian passport holders (also eligible for eVisa).
- eVisa Frequently Asked Questions.
- Citizens of the following countries are eligible for eVisa application if they meet required criteria:
Belize, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Kiribati, Macedonia, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Nicaragua, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sao Tome and Principe, Solomon Islands, Swaziland, Turkey, and Tuvalu.
- Other foreign nationals who are invited to attend 2016 APrIGF must obtain an E-code before applying for an eVisa. To smooth out the process, the local host of APrIGF Taipei will organize group application for E-code on behalf of all applicants and send each applicant an individual E-code via email.
To obtain an E-code, please download and complete all fields in the application form, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30, 2016. Please note that getting an E-code does not guarantee that your eVisa application will be successful. (E-code Application Closed)